Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Screaming?

I felt like the absolute worst teacher ever yesterday. We had read aloud and then lined up for recess. When we got out, the teacher next door asked me if the kids were having a good day. It's spring, so they are squirmy and noisy, so I said that they weren't having the best day. She said she could tell because she heard me screaming at them before recess. I couldn't remember screaming at them . . . I knew I had to speak loudly sometimes because they were being so noisy. Then she told me to watch out because the assistant director was standing outside my door at the time, listening. All day I couldn't figure out when I was "screaming" at them.

This morning on the way to school, I figured it out.

We have read aloud right before recess. I am reading them Matilda by Roald Dahl. I like to do the voices so the kids will like listening better. I was reading the part when the Trunchbull makes Bruce Bogtrotter eat a giant chocolate cake. She barks and shouts, never talks.

I wasn't screaming at my students, but the Trunchbull was screaming at Bruce Bogtrotter!

1 comment:

Michelle & Trevor said...

Oh man, that sucks! Oh, geez.

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna