Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Friday, April 25, 2008

Homecoming!

My sister-in-law FINALLY brings her baby home today. She was released from the hospital Monday, which means she's been getting up early and sitting in the hospital lobby all day, going in to check on her baby and feed him when they let her, and going home late at night. I told Ozzy that this is why we will be patient, uncomfortable, and rather round and WAIT until it's go time to have our baby! He had jaundice. This is not uncommon for new boys, but he had it when he was less than 24 hours old, and that makes them worried. He was under special lights all week. Then he got a blood infection. I guess this is one of the leading causes of SIDS, so good thing they found it and treated him. He was three weeks early. The doctor thought he'd be BIG, but he wasn't at out of the normal range. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. and measured 20.5 inches. Crazy. If our baby is fitting into the standard curve, he's already over 2 lbs. and 14.5 inches! We have a hunch he might be a little on the big side. We were both big babies, Me almost 9 lbs and him a little over, and I've been measuring ahead. We'll know more on Tuesday. That's our next appointment. Woo hoo! I have to take the diabetes test. Salad for lunch and then a big sugar drink before we go in. It should be interesting!

Took my class on a field trip yesterday. The museum did lots of presentations and projects with them, but I still went home sleepy as can be. Weird.

I keep running into stuff with my belly. It's growing faster than I can get used to it, so I'm always surprised when I can't fit though a tight spot, put on my socks, wear a shirt, or balance on something. I'm like a rolly polly little buddah girl.

1 comment:

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

You have no pictures on your blog. You should put some of your cute belly.

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna