Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

doctor's office insanity, bushwhacking, and other tales

I went to the doctor Tuesday. My doctor wasn't there because he was busy delivering babies. This is good. Well, good that he was doing his job, crazy for the office staff. So, I got blood drawn for my glucose tolerance test first. That drink was nasty. I got a brand new nurse at the lab, so I'm sporting an impressive battle wound from that. I got my sample taken care of, weighed in (3 1/2 more pounds), gave a blood pressure reading and then sat in an office. The nurse came in and we listened to the baby. Then a midwife came in to talk about the kidney stone incident and tell me there was glucose in my sample. I drank a whole bottle of glucose. Oh. So that was okay too. All in all it was a very long doctor visit. I've decided my doctor is very efficient.

Then we went to Ozzy's parents' house to harass that new baby and everyone else there. He is a screamer. Apparently bath time is not high on his hot list. That baby was angry! Ozzy still says he's really excited for our own screamer to come out and play. We hijacked all the people from that house and followed them to his aunt's house where we scored a free piano! Woo hoo! I hadn't played a note in at least 5 months, so it was pretty exciting for me. It was on wheels . . . that didn't actually roll, so I owe Ozzy, his mom, and his dad big time. It was a big job to get it moved into our living room! It's a little console piano, so it fits right behind the couch. I put the back of the piano to the couch so it wouldn't block the big picture window and so I could use all that nice light when I play. It has a couple of keys that need the action worked on and a tuning, but we'll get to that some other time. It's playable! Yay!

We are trying to reclaim our yard. The previous owner didn't even mow it. Ozzy's grass seed is coming up pretty well on the east side of the front lawn. That's what needed the most help. I am trimming back huge pokey bushes that I think will actually look good when they leaf out. We keep trying to start seeds and plant them in the gardens, but it keeps snowing at random. There was snow this morning. It's not like we live in Canada!

We bought a lawn mower. I think it might get its turn to shine this weekend. The back yard is going to seed, which may not be a bad thing, considering the bald patches where deer spent the winter!

I will post pictures. I fully intend to do it. Just today I considered letting one of my students snap a shot of my round self, but thought better of it. Maybe I'll make Ozzy do it tonight. Hey, there's a chance.

No comments:

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna