Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Friday, January 11, 2008

A little less pregnant?

Yep, the the countdown has changed and I am no longer almost 14 weeks pregnant. Now I am almost 12 1/2 weeks pregnant. I had a doctor appointment yesterday. He couldn't find the heartbeat. He got really nervous about that because he DID find it last time (when I was supposed to be 9 1/2 weeks . . . but I was only 8). He brought in the ultrasound machine and BAM! There's the baby! The poor doctor had the monitor turned away from me and away from my husband just in case something was wrong. My husband would have none of that! He jumped right up to get a look. The doctor could see the heart beating and was able to measure the baby at about 6 cm. That measurement puts me at 12 weeks. My new due date is the 23rd of July. At least that explains why I was still having morning sickness when I thought it should have been over a week ago. The reason he couldn't hear the heartbeat is that the placenta has formed in the front of my uterus with the baby behind it. That's also why I got a tummy so soon. More cushion for the baby, but that big placenta makes it hard for the doctor to hear what's going on behind it. Hopefully when I go back in February, it'll be stronger and easier to hear. I'll be 16 weeks then. I should find out the baby's gender around my birthday. The only other slight snag was that I've only gained about a half a pound since last time. I'm supposed to gain like four before my next visit, so more food for me!

No comments:

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna