Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

on tummy, house, and getting back to work

Christmas vacation was fabulous. Everyone asks us what we did on our Northwest adventure. We sigh and get a dreamy look on our faces and say, "almost nothing." Could anything be better? The only stinky part of the whole thing was Delta. I think the entire corporation has suffered from head trauma, or is naturally stupid. Both our flights were delayed. Ugh. Not by days, but by enough hours that you wonder if driving would have saved some aggravation. Then, in Seattle, I noticed that almost every Delta flight was delayed. Hmmmm. We probably won't switch to Southwest, though. Having to sit in whatever is left after the stampede isn't my style. We're newlyweds. We actually still want to sit together.

We will probably close on our house at the end of next week. We will probably move in shortly thereafter. My hubby is FREAKING EXCITED about all the home improvements he wants to do. The man is even jazzed about insulation. His favorite project is the 700 or 800 square feet of unfinished basement. I hesitate to introduce him to HGTV. It could start a riot. I love that guy. Anyhow, we're just waiting on loan offers and, just to make our lives easier, the house appraised for 10,000 more than we're paying, so it should be a fairly simple deal. Between that and the fact that my husband has the credit rating of Superman, this shouldn't be too traumatic.

We had to go to work this week after nine or more, in my case days of the good life. Poor Ozzy was just about dead after work Monday. He survived Wednesday and I think the worst of the jolt back to the working world is over. I started today. Luckily, the kids were as out of sinc and tired as me, so that helped. Last year they were hyperactive after the break, so there was some definate fear this morning. They're all excited about writing a class newspaper. At least something worked. I feel like a cheater because we only have a half day tomorrow. This makes my life way easier than I deserve.

My tummy is expanding. We're in the pound a week phase of pregnancy, so I can eat now too. I don't have a fabulous appetite, but way better than before. I've discovered that my crazy confusing nightmares are from my prenatal. I was taking it before bed to avoid getting sick, but one night I got really sick anyway . . . . so the pills interrupt my sleep and make my dreams all weird. I'm trying different kinds, but I might have to start taking halves or something. We're excited because we go to the doctor next week to hear the heartbeat again. Yay! Sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant and I just think I'm getting fat. I have a good hubby who reminds me that I'm supposed to get fat. :) I'll let you know how the doctor goes next week.

1 comment:

neongolden said...

of course I love you! Even though we don't, like, talk, or communicate in any real way.....But I am planning on knitting something for your soon-to-be child. Even though s/he will be born in July. In Utah. (But several months after that, knitwear will be appropriate!) So let's communicate! I will send you my real email address. So there!

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna