Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Moving

We moved into our new house yesterday . . . thank goodness!
There was serious trauma with the old landlord, who believes she was mistreated by me and has reasons to waste a lot of time hating me . . . ok. Your time, spend it the way you want.
We finally signed on Monday and the seller was a sweetheart and let us move in yesterday . . . before we actually owned the property.
Surprises
1. The garage has an automatic opener, making my husband very pleased.
2. Mortgages are really expensive. I think my sweethear has sticker shock. We can afford it, I think. :)
3. The baby's room is really cute. It has the cutest window treatments ever. White shears with long, wide ribbons hanging down with cute fluffy balls on the ends. We do not have to decorate that room.
4. The house takes a REALLY long time to heat up. We will be making weather stripping, caulking, and insulation a top priority.
5. There is a statue that we have to keep in the house because it's been there since the first owners. We can scare children with this in the preteen years. That's some good slumber party fodder.
We moved in all the "Stuff" except a broom and the food out of the fridge. We'll go get that tonight. Now the baby's room is FULL of boxes. Let the unpacking month begin! My sweetie wanted to stay up all night and try to do it all, but I was a spoilsport. Preggies need sleep. I think he's okay with doing it a little at a time.
My new commute is 5 - 15 minutes longer than my old one. Today the roads were bad, so it took forever. This will hopefully not be the case every day!
We don't even use our basement. Our house is too big for us. My sweetie wants the baby to come sooner, i think. :)

3 comments:

Michelle & Trevor said...

Oh, the baby's room sounds cute! I wish I could be there to see your new house :( Have fun unpacking, I'm STILL unsure about the placement of some things in our house...

Kris said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I hope the unpacking is going okay.

mo mcd said...

Thanks! My hubby was amazing and has us all unpacked except for a few random boxes. (You know, the ones full of the stuff you think maybe you should just take to DI . . . )

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna