Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Baby boy?

NO FREAKING OUT! I did NOT have an ultrasound today. This morning I had an appointment with my doctor for the monthly check up. We're now about 16 weeks. Hy hubby went to work late because he came with me. He was hoping they'd have trouble finding the heartbeat again so that they'd do an ultrasound, but they found it easily. The heart was beating between 145 and 150 beats per minute. Pretty standard for a baby. The doctor made the comment that it sounds like a boy to him. You should have seen my sweetheart's face. He looked like the doctor just told him our baby had two heads! It's apparently an old theory that the faster the heartbeat, the more likely a girl or the other way around depending on who you talk to. My hubby is SO SURE that it's a girl! Well, he'll find out on March 7th if the little one cooperates and does the expected acrobatics. From what I've read, the heartbeat thing runs true about 4o percent of the time. I'm not buying baby clothes yet!

Speaking of baby acrobatics, I usually can't feel baby move, but I can feel the effects. Saturday baby learned how to sit on mom's major nerve running down her left leg. OUCH! Today baby has started to stay away from that nerve (mom has learned to nudge that child off!) and likes to sit on my bladder. Silly baby.

Moving into the house has gone well. We're almost all unpacked. There's still a few random things left to find a home for, but it'll get done. We'll steal my hubby's aunt's piano in the next month or so to put in the house. I miss my music time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, finding out can be like your birthday present. : ) Have a great day!!!

Sara said...

Monica??!! How are ya?! I'm glad I found your blog. Babies and mortgages?...Goodness...you better catch me up! How have you been anyway? It's been a long time since living in the "spooky house in the alley" (aka C&H House).

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna