Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Not Quite Temporary Obesity.

Why is it that pregnant women feel fat? Because we're GINORMOUS. I have to be careful where I park. If another car is too close, I can't get out of my car. Why do people think pregnant people are just plain fat? I have heard people of more mature age say that it's weird that pregnant people show off their belly. We have to. Or people think we're fat. And they are rude. And what do they care if I'm fat anyway? Sigh.

On the upside, Ozzy and I went on a triple date with single people. It was to a drive in. They wanted me to get in the back of a truck on an air matress and watch the movie. That idea got shot down pretty quick. The trouble with a drive in is that to watch just ONE of the movies, you don't leave until after midnight. I think there is some weird thing about getting married that makes you unable to stay up late. We both woke up with migranes Sunday morning. It was a little silly. Oh well. The single friends wanted us to go shooting with them. Ozzy was a good daddy and hubby and turned them down. The gunshots would probably scare me and I'd wet myself. And after the baby is born, well, Ijust don't think it'd work out.

My sister in law must be a happy girl. It is so hot now! We won't be cooler than 86 all week. Good thing I have an air conditioner in the living room and a cold basement.

Ozzy is nesting again and I think it's cute. He cleaned up the baby's room for him, installed the carseat in the van, and put the bassinet in our room. He doesn't want to be one of the couples in the hospital parking lot that can't figure out how to get the carseat in the car so baby can come home.

It is crazy how strong that baby is. Yesterday I was a punching bag. On Friday I could see him practicing breathing. Things are stretched so there isn't much stuff between us and baby. I can definately tell when he is sleeping and awake!

3 comments:

Michelle & Trevor said...

Oh my gosh, I know what you mean about not being able to stay up late! When Phillip and William were here, we were up until about midnight and I thought I was going to DIE I was so tired. I feel like an old fart, but sleep is just so awesome.

Unknown said...

ditto on the staying up late part. married life must just be exhausting ;)

stay cool and off your feet. this time will fly and you will look back and wonder how you ever let it escape you--especially when the baby is pulling night shifts and you look like a zombie and wish you could just stuff him back in your belly because that was SOOOOOO much easier! LOL!

mo mcd said...

People think I'm weird when they ask, "Are you SO ready for him to come?" and I say, "No, he can stay in for a little longer." I know kicking in the night is WAY nicer than screaming and stinking. :)

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna