Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Watching you, watching me

Ozzy figured it out and installed our new webcam (thanks Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Larry, and Janet!) in about 5 minutes flat yesterday. Webcam . . . why on earth would you - not so geeky people and rather technologically impaired people - have a webcam? So my grandparents and my parents and other far away family can see our baby when he comes! The webcam uses msn messenger and works pretty good. It even has a microphone so everyone can enjoy the results of baby on camera when he isn't in a sweet cutie pie mood.

Speaking of baby, I went to the doctor again yesterday. This little one is a sneaky one! I'm still at 2cm and 50% effaced, but I have "a super soft cervix". I had to ask what that meant. I mean, I know it means my cervix is soft, but so what? The doctor just said, "Well, it means things are progressing. We'll see you next week, unless you've already gone into labor by then." Ozzy missed that part of the coversation. He was stunned when I filled him in on that part. (He was a little unhappy because my doctor was stuck in surgery and we had to wai almost an hour to see the other doctor.) Now my Ozzy calls me "soft cervix girl". It IS funny to watch his single friends as Ozzy explains the details of my cervix to them. He is also a little more nervous now, I think. Baby, you can correct me if I'm wrong, okay? Today I have to finish packing hospital bags and put them in the van in case I go into labor while I hang out with him on his facilities shift tonight. I also had to make him a step-by-step to do list for when I think it's time to have the baby. He's adorable, I tell you!

Ozzy's family has set up a betting pool for when the baby comes. Ozzy's friend (who turns colors when he has to hear cervix stories) has two bets down, Ozzy's mom has one, Ozzy's sister has one, his brother-in-law has one, and his sister is coming over today to stare at me and ask questions so she can place her bet. You pick your day, you throw in 5 bucks, and you also get the day before and the day after your pick. My question is, if I do the work, why does someone else win the cash?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we have a webcam too! we should have a video conference some time!!!

yay for the soft cervix! oh, and as for the betting pool--they should automatically give you a percentage (OR if they were smart.....they'd bribe you to go into labor early!) ;)

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna