Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Meeting the Neighbors

It looks like most of our neighbors fall into the 55+ category. Hopefully they won't mind when our sweet tiny baby turns into a rambunctious kid! I met one neighbor the other day. She wanted to know who we were and if we had kids, and dished out tons of info, like who the neighbor across the street is, where to go to church, what time to get there, and the nearest voting locations. Her husband hollers good morning to my hubby every day. They seem nice. She's excited that we're expecting.

Our most prominent neighbors are the deer. For a hunter, it's funny how much my husband loves them. He put a salt block by the driveway for them. They follow the neighbor's stream down the hill and then head across the road where I think they might score free corn. The other night we counted six of them on the corner on our way home. As we pulled into our driveway, they all started running out from behind our house to cross in front of the garage and run up the hill. We really thought they'd jump on my Ozzy's cute little car! They are crazy, fast and HUGE! It's fun to watch them.

We're also getting to know our resident neighbor . . . baby mac. If I lay really still I can feel the baby move now. If I lay down, We can feel the baby if we press our hands down. You can feel it move it's little arms and legs and tell where the baby is hanging out by finding a smooth, round bump that signifies a bum or a head. Something to do . . .

We're going up to Rexburg next Saturday to see mom when she visits KK and Mandy. She'll certainly want to feel that baby squirm around. After allt hat sitting in the car, I might have to give the little one a little extra sugar and wake it up for her! I think she's also excited to see me look all funny. My belly isn't too big yet, so I look like a hobbit or something.

2 comments:

Michelle & Trevor said...

Yeah, I like Barack. In the absence of Mitt Romney, he's my first choice.

So you're going to come and visit?! Woo-Hoo! Can I feel the baby?

Anonymous said...

I'm SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU ALL!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna