Mo, Ozzy, Marshall, and Malcom taking naps and having fun!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's getting a little crowded in here

Yep, I'm still pregnant. I went to the doctor yesterday because Monday I had noticed the baby was not moving very much, so I called the nurse and she had me come in for a fetal non stress test to make sure he was okay in there. My doctor has way better interpersonal skills than nurses. My blood pressure was high and the nurse freaked out. (The other two readings were normal.) The baby's heartbeat wasn't jumping up to 155, and the nurse freaked out. The baby kicked the monitor off my belly and the nurse freaked out. After 1 1/2 hours of the nurse freaking out, I saw my doctor, who says things look fine. He's a little puzzled by my cervix, still holding the fort down, dialated to a 2 and 5o%. Oh well. I held it together while the nurse freaked out pretty well, but pregnancy hormones being what they are, I started crying when Ozzy got home. Just because the nurse freaked me out. Poor guy. I don't think I'm allowed to go to the doctor by myself again.

It's Ozzy's birthday soon! yay! He's not so excited. I think he was hoping the baby would come on his birthday, but I think we've got at least a week or two to go. Here's a picture. My belly looks fake, but trust me, it's not.

2 comments:

Kris said...

You look beautiful! I can't believe the baby is almost here. So glad to hear things are going well. How exciting. :)

Unknown said...

YAY!!! you're in the home stretch! that is SO exciting! and don't you love it when the babies kick off the monitor? it's like they WANT us to know they have a mind of their own!

sorry about the jumpy nurse. you are SO good to keep it together!

hang in there, it's only a matter of days now...

Orcas

Orcas
My hubby loves 'em . . . .

my visual dna